Tuesday, November 27, 2007

WATCH OUT

For some time I have been watching what has happened with the illegal immigration problem. God knows there is plenty of press about it and opinions are everywhere. I suppose I am like the next person when I observe what is going on. When the folks show up to cut my yard I am pretty sure they are not legal people. (My yard guy swears they are) As long as my yard looks good it is easy to look the other way. I do believe there are many jobs not wanted by the rank and file of us and that we do need a legitimate, monitored guest worker program. I do have sympathy for those who try to enter the country legally to work to find a totally corrupt system that is practically impossible to utilize. Trust me I know, I have experienced it first hand.

When I was a young man working in West Texas I worked around many illegal aliens. For the most part they kept to themselves, were very respectful of our culture and our laws and those who enforced them. They made sure they were hidden from the authorities and didn't stand out any more than they did. My how things have changed.

As I drive down S. Cooper street on my way to work I see every day 10s of illegals standing waiting for someone to pick them up for work. They have no fear of being picked up by the authorities, they could care less if a policeman drives by, they know that the border patrol is not going to come by. This lack of fear is underpinned by all the special interests who protect them and line the pockets of the lawyers and politicians. It is business as usual for those who could care less about our society and the problems that rampant disregard for the law brings. To me this is something that is as defining for our future as much as anything. If this law is ignored and no one cares why should anyone obey any law. What a great message we are sending. A solution must be found.

It all became very real to me yesterday when I was almost ran off the road by two men who I would bet were illegals. They did it on purpose and were laughing during the entire ordeal. They were openly drinking and no doubt drunk by the way the driver was acting and driving. I thought to myself has it gotten so bad that they don't have any fear of the law? Surely not. I have noticed quite an attitude change lately in those who appear to be illegals. They are rude, very disrespectful and the numbers are growing. These people are rewarded every day for coming into our country and breaking the law.

It is time something is done. Let your elected officials know that now is the time to do something and if they don't you will do everything in your power to see that they are voted out of office. Now is the time........and Please Hurry.

More to come

Lonny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The politicians are all whores and pimps and they must be getting paid by the lawyers (most politicians are lawyers so the whore/pimp applies) to give away our way of life. Scary, very scary. PW