Monday, November 12, 2007

State Government at its finest

As will happen from time to time we all have the opportunity to re register our cars. I am sure we would all agree it is a great way for the good ole state of Texas to get some more of our money. Must feed the monster, can't escape death and taxes, the "Show Must Go On", all the normal sayings come to mind. What I don't understand (and need your help) is the stupid form the sticker comes on.

In my day I have seen where you were actually sent a new set of license plates every year. Have you ever gone in an old guys garage and seen license plates hanging around? Now you know why. I for one liked getting them, once a year we got to take the old plates off and put the new ones on, one year the plates were white and one year they were black. That made it easier for the police to check you out etc. It was easy to do, didn't take much time, got to get out the ole tool set, the whole thing made me feel more manly some how. Texas inmates (I was told) made the plates, it gave them something to do now that they could not rob and kill us. Ah for the good ole days.

As I recall the government stopped sending us plates every year and we went to having a little sticker we would stick to our existing plate every year. Made sense, saved money, saved time, not sure what the inmates were going to do but who really cares what they are doing anyway.

Now as luck would have it the sticker is better, it has a blue backing, actually comes off in one nice piece, it comes in Spanish and English so that the illegals can understand it if they decide to register their cars. On the blue part it says "Check the date, love your state", that is only in English, guess the illegals don't have to do that. There is a web site, www.texasinyourcorner.com Whatever, I am afraid to go to that site! Here is what I don't get. There is still a sticker for your plate. It says VOID DO NOT USE/NO USE. Why is it on there if we don't use it? Can you tell me? I am calling the governor (Perry is it), and I will let you know what he says. My guess he doesn't know either?????

More to come

Lonny

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good stuff Pops. Love ya.

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm impressed. Your doing good. I could tell you some real nightmares about the government; local, state, federal it doesn't seem to matter. But for now, still being an employee and not yet retired, I'm just gonna read your comments.

Adam Denton said...

Looking forward to your blog, Lonny. Our industry is in dire need of the opinions of experienced, scrupulous professionals like yourself. I find that most people that have the experience you do (after all didn't you close your first manufactured home loan on Noah's Arc?) do not have a grasp of what is actually happening on the front lines of mortgage production in today's market. I am so sick of everyone comparing the current market to the 80's. There are massive differences and unfortunately I think the result is going to be massive regulation. Thanks for sharing Lonny. Keep posting and I will keep reading.

Turtle said...

If you need help with the "Void" portion of the auto regristration I have taken time and done a little research. You can e-mail Betty Price's office and I think they can answer your questions. I think your right, Gov Perry would not likey know but he is a handsome devil.
Tax Assessor-Collector:
Betsy Price
Physical Address:
100 E. Weatherford St.
Fort Worth, TX 76196-0301
Mailing Address:
100 E. Weatherford St.
Fort Worth, TX 76196-0301
Telephone: (817) 884-1100
Fax: (817) 884-2867
Email(s): mvt@tarrantcounty.com

Best of luck,

Josh

Anonymous said...

The small sticker is for Trailers, ie Boat trailers or whatever, when you register a trailer that is the sticker you use because it still has a License Plate.

Paul