Sunday, November 25, 2007

BLOGGER VACATION

You may have noticed (or not) that I have been on Blogger Holiday for the past few days. It is concerning to me that I have been a Blogger for less than one full month and for some reason I hit a wall. Yes it is true my brain checked out on me and I had a problem coming up with anything that I thought was worth blogging about. There must be a real correlation between coming up with witty thought provoking comments and the amount of Pecan Pie and Miller Lite that is roaming in ones blood stream at any one given time. I did continue to hope that when most of the toxins were free from my body that I would have something that might be worth talking about.

Here goes:

Sunday morning I was relegated too, watching a little Sunday morning TV. I must admit I am one of those people who have almost entirely been convinced by Fox News that I can’t trust anything said on any of the other networks. Honestly I am almost there but from time to time I stray a bit.

The banter on the show I chose was the same as most days on most of the shows. First on the list was the war in Iraq, followed by the rest of the problems in the Middle East, all being commented on by a number of people who all have opinions some more convincing than others. Honestly the whole thing scares me quite a bit. I am not so scarred of the reality that I might get blown up anytime soon but in something that is entirely scarier.

When I look at the politics of the day in regards to the race for the President, I want to run for cover, move to Cancun, or wall myself up in a cave with enough food to last me till the end. Do any of us think there is anyone out there who can truly lead a country divided by Partisan Politics and special interests? I look at things like illegal immigration, the broken health care system, and the loss of ethics and family values and wonder how much trouble we are truly in. My guess is our enemies have a better idea than we would hope to imagine.

My opinion is we had all better get active in the political process and be heard by those who represent us or claim too. If there is still something politicians are scared of is being voted out of office. I personally am not active enough in the process and should be. On the other hand I am more convinced than ever that the power still lies within the people who elect these so called leaders to power. Just look what happened when the people spoke up to defeat the last immigration bill. My challenge to you today is to be heard, loud and often. Whatever you choose to do…………. Please hurry.

More to come

Lonny

No comments: