Thursday, November 22, 2007

THANKSGIVING 2007

Karren rolled out early this morning to make the dressing. I went along to stir and cut and chop and make coffee. I am not real handy but sometimes I can even surprise myself. As I was stirring I was thinking about the day and my thoughts seemed to go back to the times I remembered spending when I grew up and the many times family and friends gathered at Thanksgiving. I thought really for me Thanksgiving is about the good times and the memories of the past and the anticipation of those to come.

These days it is easy to think of the multitude of problems we seem to have but when I think of generations past the problems of the day don't seem so bad. It is for some reason much easier to focus on the bad and not the good. There is a passage in the bible that says something like don't worry about the problems of the day, there will be plenty to worry about tomorrow. Good advice for me especially.

On this day I will do my best to give thanks for all those who protect us and for all those who care for us and for all those who love us past and present. Just think a minute, I bet your list is as long as mine.

God bless you and yours and have a great Thanksgiving.

More to come

Lonny

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm a little late. I had to catch up. Thats a great one. micah