Thursday, December 27, 2007

THE NEWS FROM PAKISTAN

No doubt you have heard the news about the recent assassination of Benazir Bhutto in Pakistan. She was running for political office in the country and one of her platforms was getting rid of the terrorists. She said in a recent interview that she was the terrorists worst nightmare. She was assassinated during a rally in a part of Pakistan that was a hotbed for terrorist activity. I have learned her Father was killed there many years ago speaking of the virtues of Democracy. Like Father like Daughter as they say. My guess is she knew her days were numbered and no doubt hopes her death brings change and gets the people in Pakistan to take up the fight and help rid the country of terrorism.

Now I am certainly no scholar on these things and doing a Blog like this gives me the ability to keep my mouth shut about such things but I just can’t seem too. I think if history shows us anything it shows us that these type of events have gone on and will continue to go on for more than my life at least. I believe for things to ever change they must change with the generations who teach their children not to hate and not to condemn those who don’t believe that hate and killing are the thing to do. That I fear is a long time to come sadly enough.

The one thought I did have as I heard the news was how glad I was that we have a military that is in the middle of all this mess. As mad as I am at President Bush for ignoring the immigration problem, today I am thankful he has stayed the course in the Middle East. There is no way we can simply walk away and I think everyone knows that. I also get the feeling the people of Iraq have finally started taking the fight in their own hands because they believe they have no choice.

I pray that the events of yesterday in Pakistan inspire the people to take the fight to the terrorists who have only one hope and that is for democracy to fail. The fight is real and worth fighting.

God bless the brave young men and women of our military who know the fight is worth it and keep us safe.

More to come

Lonny

No comments: