Friday, December 14, 2007

MORE ON IMMIGRATION

This past week we spent a couple of days in some incredibly interesting meetings at our office. Two men were there designing a system that would help us take an initial inquiry from a customer and put it in a specific system that worked for our industry that could service their initial needs while we made them their loan, track and communicate everything during the initial process, and market that person for as long as we wanted after they closed. Even I can see how great that would be.

They talked about how we could join a community of other service providers who had credibility within that community and thereby get leads for loans from folks who weren’t just trying to beat us out of every nickel. What a concept, sign me up, how much is it, me getting credibility, what a concept.

The second day I asked, “Where you boys from”? One of them said, “Vancouver”. I said, “Canada”? One of them said, “Duh”. I said, “I been through there going up to that resort, I can’t remember the name of it”. One of them said, “Whistler”. I said, “That’s the one”. One of them said, “You must be from Hereford”. I said, “Well how did you know that”?

Unlike the guys who do my yard, these guys looked like me, (so to speak), they talked like me, and they wore the same kind of cloths as me. I was surprised they were not from Texas or at least the good ole USA. I assumed they were here legally but had no proof and could really have cared less; they had a service and ideas that I wanted. Could they have been illegal aliens? I suppose. Could they have been people who were employed by an enemy of the country to come in and look like us, sell us a service and then imbed a secret virus in our computers that would spread to all the computers in America and blow them up. Well maybe, and a little ridiculous . And no these guys are completely honest and legitimate, I am confident, I think.

I guess what became so real to me at that time was the fact we really don’t know who anyone is anymore and everyone that may be here illegally is not going to stand out like or look like the guys doing our yards. If our government is not going to or can’t close our boarders to those who look the part, what chance do we have they can stop the people who are really here to harm us. Pretty scary stuff if you ask me!

If our next President and Administration can’t or won’t control our boarders then it may be a matter of time, until we find out what really bad things can happen. We need to make sure with our vote that we get the boarder problem solved.

More to come

Lonny

No comments: